About Us

Upon arriving from Germany, Adolf Werner opened his silversmith shop in 1888. Over one hundred years later, A. Werner Silversmiths is still a family-owned business that prides itself on elegant, hand crafted silver work. Through four generations we have made Milwaukee our home while developing a nationwide reputation.

Adolf perfected his craft in Germany and decided to establish a silversmith business on American soil. His son, Leo, took the reigns in
1940 and guided the business until his death in 1954, when it was turned over to Douglas Wied, who had begun an apprenticeship two
years earlier.

Mr. Wied has led A. Werner Silversmiths into the modern era, and, although semi-retired, keeps in contact with the business, which is now operated by his sons Dennis and Michael Wied.